Sunday, March 14, 2010

Throggs Neck

Playing in a pipe band takes you many places. Not all of them glamourous.  But Throggs Neck sounded glamourous to me. I had heard of it, but had no idea where or what and where it was.  It is in the Bronx.  That didn't sound so glamourous. Sorry, Bronx.



It was a wildly wet day that reduced itself to a constant damp and cold drizzle when we marched down the main street. Bagpipes and drizzle seem to be bedmates often. But this was my first time out with my new band, The Metro New York Pipe Band  (lousy acronym potential) and it was a good feeling.


A good day out.  And then, of course, it was to the pub.  One of the guys in the band plays in a trad band and they were performing there and were excellent. 

In the old days I wanted to stay for hours. Now I want home to get me shoes off.

No comments: