Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Party In Westchester



My friend Bob is a novelist (Late and Soon) and he is moving to Paris to write for 3.5 months. We had a going away/birthday party for him at his sister's in Westchester.

To include this on the blog is so "diary entry" which I hate, but it brings me to a wider theme which I love: connecting and connections!

I have not had this much fun in a long time and I was wondering why. Well, I got to meet so many nice and fascinating people in a safe and fun setting and talk to them.  I think I love nothing more in life.  I even had to tell myself to stop talking. And I was hoarse.

I met this couple Ed and Tom and they knew my friend Jerry. Really well, even! And I was just at this mystery bookstore in the West Village, Partner & Crime, today and I meet Bob's friend SJ Rozan at this party tonight who is an Edgar Award winner! And a neighbor in the city! And she is featured in this bookshop.

I know many places are like this, but New York has this way of circles, upon circles, etc.  We always marvel what a small town, or how can I meet people who know people we know. When you really break it down a lot of times like travels in the same circles as like so the connections are not really as surprising as they seem, but I still love them.

Writer and fabulous food and such FUN people.  I need to go to more parties!

No comments: