Saturday, March 6, 2010

Farmer's Market - Union Square.

Though I don't go as often as I did in Los Angeles, I feel like I don't really live in a city unless I go to a Farmer's Market.  It is a touchstone for me to the "I live here" thing that I crave.  It was so nice to be here this morning and looking at people and vendors and produce that is straight from the local farms.  I guess it is the pure local seasonal bounty that puts me (gratefully) in my place.  It is a sense of place and a reminder that markets like these with people and their baskets have been going on since almost the dawn on man.  I appreciate that.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

I am still unable to find Concord grapes here. Still the best thing about the NY farmer's market - I wish they had them out here. Even though I go out here, that one's still my fave...