Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sondheim on Sondheim

Went to preview matinee today of this Roundabout Theatre production at the (in)famous Studio 54.  Saw Barbara Cook live for the first time. She is a legend so that was a thrill. Loved Vanessa Williams and the supporting cast. Stephen Sondheim turned 80 this year and deservedly got a theatre named after him.  He too is a legend. One of the biggest.  Saw Judith Light in the VIP Lounge at intermission.  She did a panel for me in LA  (as did Vanessa Williams) and remembered me. That was cool.  Very nice lady. And I think from all the things I have seen her in, she is damned talented.  Her husband and I played tennis at a tournament once. Blah, blah, blah. blah Bobby baby...
Bobby bubbi...Robby...Robert darling...
Bobby, we've been trying to call you.
Bobby...Bobby...Bobby baby...Bobby bubbi...
Angel, I've got something to tell you.
Bob...Robbo...Bobby love...Bobby honey...
Bobby, we've been trying to reach you all day.
Bobby...Bobby...Bobby Baby...Angel...Darling...
The kids were asking--
Bobby...Bobby...Robert...Robby...Bob-o...
Bobby, there was something we wanted to say.
The line was busy...
Bobby...Bobby bubbi...
Bobby fella...Bobby sweetie-- Bobby, baby,

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

See--you had much better seats. I'm sure Vanessa was much more giving from there. It's all about location. I saw it from Queens.