Thursday, September 25, 2008

Why Are You All Wet?


It threatened to rain all day today. Gothamites were at the ready with umbrellas. Save me. I always seem to be amazed that someone SECRETLY tells all the other New Yorkers to bring an umbrella except me. Like I forgot to tick a box or something when I moved here. I guess it is called "being informed." And I must say New Yorkers seem to always be informed. And you know this because they constantly tell you.

Typical New Yorker opening lines: "Did you read that article in the New Yorker about..." or "The Times the other day..." The "New York" part is a given here. Or "(So and so) on Enn Pee Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...." I think it is a ruse frankly, but that is just my own ignorant defense because I have a subscription to Entertainment Weekly and no radio.

I usually counter with something to cover up like: "I can see Russia from my back window" or "In California...blah, blah..." (The latter implying "In California where you really wish you could live and I have already done that so that is why I am not there, so stuff your New Yorker...blah, blah.")

Envy and Ignorance are in green and taupe this Fall season.

No comments: