Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Refuge

I sat in the shaded "grotto" if you will of the Unitarian Church on Lexington. It was a stone bench surrounded by trees and a looming early 1800s brick church. A woman came in to eat her lunch. Another read quietly. It was peaceful there. I was across the park, far from home, no where to turn. Here was refuge. I read from the Yogananda's book of meditations. I am seeking today. Or is it hiding?

Got an e-mail that a job I was hoping for was not going to happen.

Ohmmmmmmm.

I am tired. Parched. It is a desert in the east! I have to get across the park to safe haven. Or hideout?

New York is a great place to be lost geographically, physically, mentally, emotionally. No one has time to give a damn, but their rushed presence around you keeps you buoyant.

Have your prayer, take a deep breath and get off your ass and get back to it.

And that is what I did.

Ohmmmmmmm.

No comments: