Friday, September 26, 2008

Debate, Birth Date, Anniverserate.

Today is my sister Eileen's Wedding Anniversary. I remember this only because it was our poor departed dog, Luv's, birthday. I like to tell Eileen it is for her: "Love's Birthday," but I think she either doesn't get HOW BRILLIANT that was or found it naff and all around not worth commenting on.

Today in honor of Eileen and Luv I am heading to Bethlehem (birthplace of Jesus who is generally used today as a weapon), PA (birthday place of a lot of good founding father writings. that are generally ignored today) to play in the Celtic Classic bagpipe competition with the band.

We are staying here at the swank Comfort Inn. I really should not mock because it is truly really perfectly fine and it is clean and comfortable. AND it has a waffle maker.

I drove through with Eddie and Tex (Dan) and we made excellent time. We got in around 10:30pm. The group was watching the debate. It was not what I expected from this crowd and I felt a little removed politically. Yikes. Pipe Bands have always been Democrats! Think about it. I am not saying everyone is Republican, but, well, I can't discuss it. The Dems have lost touch with the pipe band vote I guess. Yikes.

Straight guys like Sarah Palin.

I just have to go to sleep now.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

Did you know that one of the possibilities for the meaning of naff is British queen speak for "not available for f*&^ing?"