Monday, September 15, 2008

Salad Daze

Met my friend Nicole and we went to lunch at Edgar's in the UWS 4 blocks from my house. This lunch and dessert place is really great and is on the site where there was a house where Edgar Allen Poe wrote "The Raven."

There are a lot of plaques in New York City on the sides of buildings where nothing famous happened or lived, but they are on the site of where something did. I always find that a stretch as I am an ooh/aahh, brick and mortar "THIS is the EXACT structure where...George Washington and Madonna danced and signed a few treaties over mead" kind of guy. I want the THING, not the airspace of the THING.

I digress. We had a great lunch and dessert and caught up and I am so glad she is doing well and looks great. I value her as a friend and she was one of the first to welcome me to New York City. We had brunch almost one year ago at a coffee shop where Jennifer Aniston ACTUALLY worked, NOT the site of where she worked, but the exact place. Burger tastes better.

No comments: