Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Career Day

I had another fantastic blinkin' day in this huge ass town of giant pommes.

I am looking to redirect my career towards creative development in New Media (ie original or re-imagined content for the internet and mobile.) Sound hot, huh?



With thanks to Christopher Barry at Sundance Channel I attended "Digital Day" at the New York Television Festival. The panels were all about new media and how internet, mobile, etc influence and enhance TV. I went to a few cutting edge panels and thoroughly enjoyed it.



One panel : "New Storytellers: What Works on the Web" had Fred Seibert, my "seiber" mentor from Next New Networks. (Tip your waiters and link to those who help you!) As I mentioned before he got me to blog and soon to vlog and I want to learn more about new media from him. He and the rest of the panel were great and what is going on on-line is overwhelming in terms of keeping up with the programming. At least that is the way I feel.



Fred in all white tones and the rest of the panel.

I also went to a "Digital Brainstorm" where we from the audience and the professionals on stage had 15 minutes each to develop three transfers to web ideas like TV Dating shows, Conan On-Line and Creating a site for gathering conspiracy theories to make into a documentary series. It was a fun exercise to look at the endless possibilities.



Brainstorming session. No bad ideas, my ass?

I also got a call from the chairman of BAFTA EC inviting me to be on the Screening Committee! We are meeting on Monday. I really like her and the whole group there. This will be a great thing for me, I feel. I am on the TV committee as well. I want to work hard and make a difference here and they are such a welcoming bunch I look forward to doing that.


Then I got to meet my friend Ron in town to see "The Seagull" in previews. We had coffee and talked about life and love and the economy.


Then it was off to the gym for a latenight workout. Ohmmmmmm.


Tomorrow is a NEW day.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

Who's doing the Seagull??