Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Madness

When you feel odd and down, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. I said, WALK, don't JUMP!


I don't really mean any of that, but that is what I did today. I had a great night last night and a wonderful morning, but then just hit wet sand mentally. It was so odd. I couldn't lift a spoon, pen, eyelid. So I knew enough to cut my losses and get out of the house.

Why is it when things, isolated things, are really great, that we (I?) want more and more and more and because it is not in skywriting and in permanent ink, I turn frothy whipped cream into mush? It is insanity and whenever I get like this I do not recognize myself. I am NOT THAT GUY! Well, buddy, right now, I guess you are. YIKES>



DUMBO. Manhattan Bridge - so real it looks movie-set phoney!


There was an art gallery in DUMBO that I had as part of a vision for this day and I decided to take myself to it. DUMBO is in Brooklyn and stands for Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass. It was once warehouses and is now an organicky, trendy, artist's community too expensive for artists to actually live in, but having dissed it, my pretentious ass likes it fine. AND it is right by one of the most beautiful parks in the US which overlooks the Brooklyn Bridge and lower Manhattan skyline. Wow, spelled with a capital W.



The exhibit was good (http://www.wesseloconnor.com/) and I looked at a few others in the gallery space. On gallery owner told me about the upcoming Art Under the Bridge Festival this coming weekend, but I will be in Bethlehem, PA competing at the Celtic Classic with the band. Come see me!




My dreary head which should have been singing sappy songs, muddled to the park to have a cookie and a drink of really trendy still water in an azure bottle. Seeing lower Manhattan, the bridges, the waterfalls (only until Eileen's birthday, 13 October, people!) made me feel better. In fact, I decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan and take the subway home from City Hall Park.

Et voila. Movement is key to mopiness. I felt better and got on with it. One thing I know is a good night's sleep is key. I have that ahead. Let's hope that (and the mental pleading) does the trick!

No comments: