Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Corrie on My Street.

Alexandra outside her old place of work in NYC.


Alexandra flew in from London today ala Rula Lenska to see me, and well, New York and other friends, but especially ME! She is staying with me for the weekend and we have not seen each other since we were both living in Los Angeles. A great reunion was had in my entryway after the taxi dropped her off.

Alexandra is just finishing a healthy run as "Clarissa Mason" on Britain's longest running soap, "Coronation Street." I remember the theme music and the cobble stones and Rover's Return Pub and she is a part of that now! How amazing. I wonder if she will get recognized on the streets of New York as she does in London. (She also writes the
We had a quick cuppa and took a stroll around the my Upper Westside neighbourhood ( I put the U in so she would be able to read this...) and low and behold she worked 18 years ago at Isabella's right around the corner from me.

An early night and a lovely al fresco meal on my patio plus a great chat about reshaping how we say things. God knows I could take a full term course in this the way my mind works so often. I mean, "I am worthy of success and happiness and I have a wonderful job and a great partner

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

OMG--Ruby Foo's is owned by the same guy. I wonder if it was a nightmare for her there, too?

And you know who else worked at Isabella's? Jennifer Garner! It's true!