Friday, September 12, 2008

Festa di San Gennero


After a day of working and errands, I met Alexandra down at her friend Jonathan's SOHO loft for drinks and snacks before going out to dinner. It was a rainy, lovely night. Jonathan and Alexandra did a play called "Orson's Shadow" at the Globe in San Diego about 8 years ago. I remember driving down to see her in it and I am sure I met Jonathan at the time, but I do not recall.


He was a really nice guy and his place was New York loft, Soho, cool, relaxed beautiful. In fact it could have been a set for such a feeling. He is a big theatre actor and his partner was the director of "Rent" the HUGE sensation that just closed on Broadway. I loved talking theatre, I have to say.


We hoofed it through Soho and managed through the Feast of San Gennaro taking place in Little Italy with all its colorful lights and deep fried goodness before crossing into Chinatown for a lovely meal at New Yeah Shanghai Deluxe. You would think it was, or I would think it was!, an English as a Second Language typo/mistake for "New York Shanghai Deluxe," but it is not. So a big new YEAH! for this place. It was a place I, as a semi-tourist still, would not have known about.

It was such a great evening and a pleasure to meet a maybe new friend in the citayyyy.

Yeah!

No comments: