Thursday, September 4, 2008

Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Merrill-y, I Will...


I had walked across the park to attend a meeting on the eastside. Madison Avenue was buzzing with shoppers and working people. And as usual there were the occasional stunners that you find in New York that take your breath away with their freakish flawlessness. I wrote in my Facebook status for the today "Pat admits that some people are just impossibly beautiful." It is true. There you have it.
Amazing to see the Ralph Lauren Polo Store at 867 Madison Ave. It is the entire Rhinelander Mansion that Ralph Lauren entirely renovated to be his flagship shop. Really incredible.
I left the East back to the more humble, Boho west. As I walked through the park I noticed loads of people with row boats on the lake. I snapped this photo to send to my friend Alexandra in London via iphone. She is coming to visit next week and I am now convinced we need a good row on a lake. That is "row" as in paddle not as in fight!
Today was just one of those blissfully perfect New York City days that made me glad to be alive and glad to be here.
This evening I had a great chat with one of my most devoted readers, Merrill. She gave me some good pointers and it was good to catch up. Merrill, get the chanter, the iphone and get on the bike! I want photo proof of you, Will and dog on bike which I publish in the blog!