Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Doth Not Feel It.

This was an odd Labor Day for me. I didn't realize straight away that it was Labor Day weekend as I culturally and traditionally and spiritually feel I am suppose to be on the Pleasanton Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, CA for the Caledonian Club of San Francisco's Scottish Gathering and Games. This uprooting to New York has left few marks, but this is one of them.

Today was a stellar weather day and I got out to Hudson River Park for a gambol and then to Central Park with my friend Bob where we strolled around the Great Lawn (and as lawns go, I have to say...) and talked about life and China and all sorts of things.

I watched the US Open night matches at my friend Ron's place. We had Vietnamese food and got to see Andy Murray from Scotland get through to the quarter finals. It was a REALLY good evening. Enough said.

No comments: