Thursday, September 18, 2008

They Said There'd Be Days Like This

I saw this woman on the street and asked to take her photo. "Making Lemonade" I shall call it!
What another fantastic bloody day! I am serious. If this keeps up I just may implode.

I sat at my desk and drank coffee and made some solid job hunting inroads. (Heavily into "get into the solution, stay out of the results" lately.) I then practiced my bagpipe music with a metronome. The metronome and I have not become lovers yet and one of us in sometime not in synch with the other. (Metronomes can be fickle lovers is my theory.)

I then had lunch with John Fitzgerald of DLT Entertainment. He is the co-chairman of the company and the nicest fellow. I met him on a BAFTA shoot her in the city. He and his company brought Benny Hill to the US and created and executive produced "Three's Company" based on the UK hit "Man About the House." A huge career in the UK and US and a lovely, lovely man.

And here is what was in their lobby when I arrived for our lunch! What a lovely touch, eh?

He took me to a swank Chinese restaurant and with enough tailored waiters to staff a cruise ship. I think I ate my Hunan lamb on china like it was the first meal I had in 3 weeks it was that good. John gave me some really good pointers and was very encouraging. I left like had three sessions of therapy and a good massage.



John Fitzgerald is fantastic.

I walked along 55 th and passed by Martha Stewart and Arianna Huffington within two blocks of each other. For some reason I was playing Christmas carols on my ipod and just loving the amazing weather and the stroll from East to West in Manhattan. It is a kaleidoscope of humanity. I slinked into the Park on 6th Ave and was listening to Bono belting out "the snow's coming down" when in fact people were still taking sun, but I didn't care I was flippin' happier than a happy cow. Ron called me and that just made it even better. Stop me if you dare, world kind of feeling. I need to bottle this for later injections.

I walked to my gym and phoned my pal Scott on the Left Coast. We blethered for a long while and it just makes my day when I speak with him. We are just good, good friends and I feel so blessed with that. I was in a such a good mood I decided to call him and say hello since he had been on my mind for days. Ta-dah! Excellent.

I went and grabbed a coffee and read my book in the park and then finally entered the gym for a good workout.

Now off to dinner with friends and a date.

Knock me over with a feather.

No comments: