Friday, September 5, 2008

Coffee and Sympathy

One of those days that is hard to write about because it is sensory rather than "this happened and then this happened."

I had coffee with Heidi, who hired me to do original content on a mobile phone project. She was in town for business after months of seeing her and being on the phone with her, it had now been a while. And I have to say it was really, really good to see her. We got coffee and sat on a shady bench in the park at the Museum of Natural History. It was a chat that was warm, inspiring, and for me, somewhat emotional. I was glad for it and I feel like it peeled a layer for me as I move forward in my career.

Later I met my pal Frank and we went to Chinese food at one of my favorite places. The place is always mobbed and they ALWAYS tell you it is a 15-20 minute wait when it NEVER is. EVER. We took a stroll in the Chelsea Art District for about 30 minutes and came back and still had to wait. I love the food there. And I enjoyed being able to talk to Frank, frankly. About dating, job hunting, etc. It was a good evening. I always feel blessed with my friendships. ALWAYS.

I had come from the gym to meet Frank and had to go back to pick up my gym bag from the locker before the place shut. When I got there at 10pm I decided to go swimming! It was fantastic. I loved it. Swimming late and quietly in an empty pool was a perfect bedtime thing to do. A quick steam and a wander home. Bliss.

I e'd Frank to tell him I went swimming and he e'd back that it was better than throwing up which is what he did! I really feel badly. How can he get sick on the same food I had? I hope he is on the mend. I guess he will never go back there with me. Sigh. One less place to go in NYC!

No comments: