Thursday, August 7, 2008

Zumba.

Last Thursday I was at my beloved 63rd Street YMCA and there was this class taking place in the large studio. There were loads of people, loud music and this rather hot, smiley guy leading them all in this kick ass dance movement. My little treadmill heart longed to be a part.

In my continuing quest to "walk through fear" I put it in my datebook to go tonight. I did and my t-shirt is still drying hours later.

It was AMAZING. I loved it and my body will be in traction pain tomorrow. It is called Zumba and it is some Miami Latin dance/aerobic craze. The kind of stuff that makes tall white boys look ridiculous. And it also seems like something that will end up in a time capsule of the crazy shit people used to get into in the early aughts.

I just have to say the heart-pounding joy I got was worth all of it. I think there is a human need to,well, shake your grove thing. Trust me on this. It is there. You all have it, but you may not know it or know how to express it.

We are all dying to dance and shake it off and let it go and shout it out and roll around in it.

I am certainly going to go back and get even lower!

No comments: