Sunday, August 24, 2008

Patrick and Patrick and Patrick and Michael and Ted and Brad. Oh My.

Brad and Patrick x 3 and Ted and Michael

I have become used to two Patricks in a room. It happens. But today there were three Patricks. That is a lot of Patricks outside of a Patrick convention or an Irish pub. Or an AA meeting.

Brad has a friend Patrick who is also friends with my friend Sam and his partner is Patrick as well. And today we went over Patrick and Patrick's where they live with their dog Olive. Michael and Ted where there for a visit as well. It was a gathering.

They live in a lovely apartment in the West 50s that has a name. I am not going to mention the name in cyberspace, 1. because I respect privacy and 2. because I can't remember it. But it is one of those "The Something Arms" or "The Lost Gold of Shangri-La" or "The Something-Ger." Posh and awning-ish with doorman and entryway. Lovely.

Patrick and Patrick were so gracious. They had champagne and sparkling water for us in the garden. I liked everyone right away. They were all so pleasant and interesting and Patrick-friendly. We did what gay men do on Sunday afternoons: we ate and drank imported and organic things and talked about babies (pro or con?), marriage (pro or con?) and books (pro.)
I found out that Ted is a blogger like me. He writes on books, life, etc. You can read him here: http://bookeywookey.blogspot.com/

Patrick (one of the ones who is not me) works at the place where I have an interview tomorrow. Small world again. Fancy that.
Today felt like a taster for a TBD in the great life I have in NYC.

No comments: