Thursday, August 21, 2008

You're Extra Special to Me



Another stunner of a day in New York City. As if in "Enchanted," I bounced through the park on my way to the Eastside with my headphones in whilst listening to a stirring and rollicking song by the Proclaimers. People were frolicking all over that park and with my music I felt as if I could touch each of them gently on the face as a passed, have a bird land on my finger and then whisk away over a bridge. This is what headphones and a beautiful park do for me.






Though my awareness of traffic and all things safety-related diminishes when listening to my i-pod, I feel hyper-aware of the world around me and I am astounded. Once again I notice stories everywhere. And since I am the main character in my life, the others that I just see as I past through are extras, background talent to fill the spaces in my movie. Though this is not a great shot, I came across these croquet players in the park.

Just seeing them in their whites doing something they love in a public, open space brought me so much joy. They were not "croqueting" for me or even aware of me, but it enriched my journey just to see them. Much the same way people get a thrill when I am practicing my bagpipes in the park. I am there to practice and they are there to play a croquet game, but, though we are all leads in our own stories, secondarily we are extras in someone else's. And a much-appreciated funtcion most often that we don't think about.

To sound all 'come on down, we have been saved" with it, when we are experiencing joy, we are giving it out to others. I absolutely feel that. It is a vibe thing.

So, three readers that I have, go out and experieince joy and trust that someone else is secretly
riffing off your vibe!

No comments: