Monday, August 25, 2008

Interview This.

Today I got up, went swimming, saw Brad off to Los Angeles, and had my job interview for a big ass position that I really wanted. I was prepared, relaxed, buttoned up. Ready to ROCK!

It was over the phone with the company's LA office. We went through my work history, my reasons for wanting this position, my salary requirements. And then she said, "There has been one slight change in the job. It has been filled." Perhaps this is a new technique they are using out west to see how potential candidates deal with a perceived "we have totally wasted your time and you prepared for nothing. What, are you going to do, cry little girl? Betcha are? C'mon."

I didn't. I masked my anger and sat on my frustration and rage and said something like "That is unfortunate as I was really excited about my potential in that position, but at least we have spoken and should something come up that is a good fit you will have me in mind."

I will add this to the job hunting/interviewing collection items that I have already shelved like the woman at E! Entertainment who told me after she interviewed me that the job was already filled, but she just likes to meet new people. And the one where the EVP was sitting across from me on a couch and fell alseep in the middle of my interview.

Having said all that, I have knocked some interviews out of the park. So it will happen again.

Sigh.

No comments: