Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Snaps.

Today I am going to go all New York hodgepodge with photos. I am quickly aiming for something between a blog and a video log, or vlog. I guess this is a phog! I really got out in the city today just living my life and it was wonderful. So often as people do everywhere we stay in our own area which makes me an Upper Westside denizen to the point where it has become Manhattan to me. Arggggghh! That cannot happen so soon, I am not even a year old!

Had to go get really inexpensive items on lower Broadway. Then I had a hankering for Chinese food and thought that Chinatown was best for that. Passed through charming, but sadly too much a tourist trap, Little Italy. It has lost some of its charm for me.

I had some good Chinese in a small restaurant where I was the only non-Chinese person. I thought they would all be watching the Olympics on telly, but they were watching some bad Chinese version of the Eurovision Song Contest. Here is a park where Chinese footballers were having a Sunday match.

Had to rush home with my Pinesol and mousetraps before going to a dinner party (No, not a hostess gift!) I walked by the Museum of Natural History and they are shooting the sequel! How exciting.
I also saw that RIGHT BY me is ANOTHER baby clothes store. Here is all that is left of the Upper Westside shopping: Baby clothes boutiques, dog grooming/dog clothing boutiques, Starbucks, Duane Reades, banks, banks, banks.

Gillians's flat is in the Lower East Side and they still have Hebrew on buildings. And graffiti.


Kara, Gillian and Sophia at the bounteous table. Oh and amazing Winston the wonder dog. It was such a great time and a lovely night.

My handheld attempt at the view from Gillian's. Pretty cool, eh?


This was taken resting on a ledge. The camera, not me.

No comments: