Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer Cold

A last souvenir of an excellent summer in the East. I got The Summer Cold. I felt a sore throat on Monday, but thought it was from that common ailment of "too much bagpiping" that people often experience. I seemed to have forgotten all about it on Tuesday and then Wednesday while at the US Open I knew the body aches and chills and sneezing and headache were not from over excitement, which I did indeed have at being in such and incredible place.

Getting sick happens. But I always treat it like a personal attack, which I suppose it is in termas of germs/viruses attacking the body, but I take it personally, like the flat tire. "How can I have a flat tire NOW?! I am supposed to accept the Democratic Presidential nomination! This is a REALLY bad time for this." And one must pause and ask "And JUST WHEN is a GOOD time to have a flat tire?" Same with illness. No good time.

I had a meeting today and then I was going to Williamsburg tonight for an Obama/Ice Cream Social party. I was even planning to take my Zumba class beforehand. But I am a big boy now and knew to cancel it all.

I have been trying to just get this damned thing out of my chest. I lay around. I watched more "Slings and Arrows." I read some of a book! Then I tried to putter as this was a good time to get a lot done whilst captive. But that is the WHOLE point: don't DO, REST~!! I had to stop.

This evening my landlords were kind enough to let me come over to watch Obama speak. I do not have TV until tomorrow. It was a good speech. I am all for it. I hope they are not just promises to get elected. But what choice do I have? Voting for McCain is insane and I am in awe of how many people think that is a good choice. Unlike most politicians I DO NOT credit the American people with intelligence. Not at all. Spirit, perhaps, but not intelligence. I think the fact that Obama/Biden in a quasi word scramble looks like Osama bin Laden will sway folk. That is how stupid I think people are. (Clearly, I will never get elected.)


I am cranky. I am sick.

1 comment:

Lexa said...

I have to say I agree with you. I think that would be enough to sway people's votes, but I have to believe something different will happen this time. If only because it is so obvious how fucked we are--as a country and as a world.