Saturday, August 9, 2008

Amagansett or "The Springs"

G & G on the screened in porch with take out containers. Lovely meal.

After a lovely extended Cohen family breakfast (truly lovely) and a kiss goodbye to Sandy and Tom and Jane and all the family that I came to love for 24 hours, Greg George and I drove back to Manhattan to drop off DH and then head out to the Hamptons. Technically I had been there before, but it was in the winter and just a drive through for a few hours. We were going for an extended "weekend in the country."

Greg and his family have a place there. I loved every inch of the place especially the screened in porch. I think I am liking things that are so not familiar to me and my upbringing like screened in porches and trains and seasonal clothing. Everything almost, except mice, but that is another entry.

After driving from Ossining to Manhattan to Amagansett, it was late. We picked up prepared food at the local grocery (Hampton's style) and had a fine meal together on the screened in porch.

We watched some of the Olympics and then I retired to my bedroom with the queen bed with headboard and footboard and all the family knick-knacks protecting me. I was snug and happy as a bug can be.

I think I almost had to pinch myself with joy.

No comments: