Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ya--HOOOOO, the Falls!


Hey Kids. What a great day in the life of ME!

I worked all day at an office building downtown. I was across form Bowling Green Park where the fence is pre-dates the Revolutionary War. I had coffee there this morning. The king's statues was pulled down, but the fence remained. There used to be crowns adorning the fence, but you can see there they were lobbed off. Still a working bloody, you can touch it fence. I love this damn fence.

We were shooting inside an elevator all day with actors in street clothes, people dressed in Yahoo purple and people playing musical instruments. It was all day, but fun. I had a walkie with an FBI-stle earpiece. Copy. Over. That sort of thing. Dug it. Just like when I had my first chemistry class (Day one) I wanted to be a chemist, or wherever I go I immediately want to live there. Today I want to work in production and wear a walkie. And have a plumber's crack. But the craft service will KILL me!


Josie and Pat. Two Production people!


We wrapped around 6:30 and I did a mad wash and change in the men's room of the building to meet Shawn at Pier 16 to go on the Producer Guild of America's cruise to the Waterfalls. [note to self: how wonderful is my life, really?]

Shawn and Pat apres cruise


It was a beautiful night and we had great seats on the boat and went to all 5 waterfalls. The are so surreal and specktack that they looked like phoney CGI. Amazing. I now thing I want to be a BIG ART INSTALLATION GUY with a picture of Cristo on my bathroom mirror.


The waterfalls were conceived by Olafur Eliasson,a Dutch artist. You can check it all out at www.nycwaterfalls.org.



My friend Dru was on the boat and I met Shawn's friend Meredith who produces the Rachel Ray show. Turns out Shawn and Meredith both have 2 Emmy's a piece! I had no idea. (When I was back at Shawn's house I saw them and hefted them. She said I can come back and play with them another time.)

It was a gorge night and just a lot of fun.

No comments: