Sunday, August 3, 2008

Newark to Lanark. Not really, but best title I can muster.



After very little sleep from last night (or this morning - 5am!)'s festivities at OG, I got up and had a day. In the early evening I took a subway, train and shuttle out to Newark Airport in a whole different state in the union (!!!) to see my friend Scott off to Belfast where he starts his journey with the Australian Highlanders Pipe Band who are headed to the World Bagpipe Band Championships in Glasgow, Scotland the following weekend. He is once again treading the boards (field?) in Grade One competition which is the top of the heap class. I wish him and the band loads of luck and decent weather. (har, har)

Scott is one of my best pals and we have known each other forever. This is old sweater division. He is one of my soulmates I have to say for certain and just hanging in an airport talking music theory and life and stuff has to be a great way to have a Sunday evening.

I wish for the sake of blogginess I had thought to take a photo of him on his way (he would have hated it no doubt, but I am not about being loved here, it is my responsibility to convey the story no matter what.).

So I guess I will rip off a photo of the band instead.

No comments: