Monday, December 3, 2007

The Work Party


12106 Steps


A 29 year old said to me at our company Christmas party tonight that "if you don't know what you want to do with your life go to Berlin." I have no idea what that exactly means, but it sounds right. So finally a mature, sound back-up plan.






The work had a cruise around Manhattan on a boat operated by the husband of an employee. The food was shite, but the views were amazing and it was fun to hang with really nice people in a non-work setting. I managed to convince everyone to go up top in the freezing cold because I still know what is best for others. It was AMAZING up there. I have no confusion that I am home when I was up there.


That is not alcohol, that is freezingness


My boss asked me to bring my bagpipes so I played for everyone as we passed by the Statue of Liberty. This was the CEO's "vision" and a good one, and he announced me as the temp who would rise to the top. I managed to only hear the word "temp," but people tell me it was quite positive. And here is another positive thing: I played well and I liked being there doing that. That is progress man.

My department sans the excellent Jennie who trained me.

After docking at South Street we took cabs to the East Village and went to a Karaoke bar situated right between The Cock and Urge. What a gas. I don't sing, I don't drink, I had a great time. That was fun.


And like Cinderella, I left with my bagpipes over my shoulder and headed for the subway.

1 comment:

Tony Westbrook said...

How FUN! I forsee a LONG stay here...and indeed...rising to the top.
How awesome it must have been to play the bagpipes passing Lady Liberty...amazing.
Congrats..and you have CUTE co workers.