Thursday, December 20, 2007

Caroling, Caroling Here and There

Actually I have been careening and careering here and there. Going from work to parties to movies. Glamour, glamour, glamour. And then my head. Well that is different. That thing has been going from "Wow, what pretty shiny things everywhere" to "I am going to be homeless and unemployed in time to fade into oblivion on the Streets of St. Patrick's Day." Can one really career when one is unemployed? This, of course, is all nonsense talk because I have seen the movies enough to know that someone meets you randomly on the street here and offers you an amazing career complete with duplex and more glamour. This is what keeps me in check.

I came home last night after a screening of "Charlie Wilson's War" at the DGA to another dead mouse. This is my fourth fresh kill. I keep a clean house, I have scrubbed and steel wooled the whole place and still these Stuart Little's get all corpsey in my dwelling. I can smell it now when I go in. It is not such a homey feeling. In fact, it is disgusting. But please come and visit!

My pumpkin from Halloween/Pagan Harvest-time is still fresh. I did not get a tree so I am putting my gifts under my Christmas pumpkin. It is very "Nightmare Before Christmas" really. But it is working. Maybe a pumpkin attracts mice? It is a Cheddar Cheese Pumpkin.




1 comment:

Tony Westbrook said...

They come in from your patio. Has nothing to do with cleanliness! They want warmth.
Put mousetraps by the doors.