Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tonight Nothing Happened.

5999 Steps

Today nothing happened. I worked like mad. Got done what I did. Decided to pack it in. Went home. Ate dinner and was going to watch some movies for work, but decided to have "Brothers and Sisters" on ABC with my chicken breast and spinach instead. It is easier to watch Calista's wedding to Rob Lowe than to read Afghani subtitles whilst dining. It just is. Every time I put my fork down to see what I am stabbing, I have no idea what guy with camel #1 just said and I have to rewind. Sally and Co won out. And I watched it and I, for purposes of this piece (so now it's a "piece"?!) , I have to admit I cried at watching the wedding. It is all that junk: family, new beginnings, expectation, longing and time passing. And Sally can just bring it home for you. But can it really transcend me?


So WHERE am I going with this piece? So I cried, but at the end of it all ( like so many other things like massive amounts of ice cream or whatever) I really felt unsatisfied. I teethe on junk TV and sweets to "relax" yet it makes me feel flat overall. Could I live without TV? Yes. Is it amusing at times and brilliant at times? Yes. But really if I were doing Netflix I would be so much better off. I do not need to watch "B & S" ever again truth be told. It is unsatisfying as much as I think I love it. TV is unsatisfying as much as I think I love it. I adore "30 Rock" and like to watch "Ugly Betty" and "Rescue Me, " but at the end of the day they will not transcend me to anyplace. (Though there was one ep of Rescue Me and a few of 30 Rock that were pretty damn close writing and acting wise. )



I have no real idea what I am trying to say, but at risk of being torn to pieces with not a fully sound statement here it goes: I would be better off if I never watched TV again and just read or watched movies. There I said it.



Here's another one that totally freaks me out: I would be better off if I never ate sweets again. If I gave up processed sugar entirely.



So to bed I go with TV and sugar in my belly. I wonder what I will be saying in 21 hours about sugar and TV?



Here is a picture I got from someone at the office today from the party last night. I like it because I can tell that I am sincerely happy to be playing my pipes for them.


No comments: