Sunday, December 16, 2007

Eat, Eat and be Merry.


The social whirl of New York City continues to have me in its (her?) grip. Up and out this morning in the snow with the proper footwear and clothing and a smile on my face. The whole city still feels like a backlot musical to me because every day remains a wide-eyed adventure. Though my neighbors do not really burst forth from their brownstones in the morning doing high kicks and swinging their briefcases in unison, I feel as if they do.


Met my friend Paul from LA (actually he is bi, as he lives here too) for breakfast. Then uptown to the Director's Guild Theatre with Pat and Sean for a screening of "Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street" starring Johnny Depp. Really good. Lots of blood and slitting of throats and ballads. We then went uptown further to a Christmas party that was packed and had so much amazing food. Really fun.


In between I crashed into someone I went to high school with! Ron says this town is too small for me and I am starting to believe him. That was so odd and random. Pat, yes another Pat, has been here 17 years. I probably have not seen him in like 20 years. I never forget a face. A name, yes, a face no.


No comments: