Sunday, December 9, 2007

I-Pod. I Ped. I Pad.



Barney's GREEN Chistmas window. All recycled cans and pop tops.
Isn't that cool?
I love Sundays. There is something about them that is clean and hopeful. Not sure exactly what that is, but it is a vibe I want to stick with. I got up this morning and made my coffee and played my music and wrote last night's blog. It was a great morning feeling. Then I got out and walked to Riverside Park and had a great morning stroll with my i-pod. I have found that as much as I think it is impersonal, walking anywhere with an i-pod in New York is like scoring your own picture. To walk up 5th Avenue playing bagpipe music or in the park with the Beatles or along the river with the Waterboys gives me such joy.


Back home for a shower and downtown for brunch with the boys. It was good to see Sean, Pat and Frank as it had been two weeks. I wanted to go someplace new, they didn't. It was a thing. And it is fine.

Sean and I took off to go to the Whitney afterwards to see a show that Sean then realized was at the Guggenheim. Too late, but we got to see the Kara Walker exhibit. I write this like I knew who she was, but I so didn't. We did the whole museum thing and then headed down Madison Avenue where we looked at all the high end stores and their Christmas windows. It was really, really fun. And everyone looks so well put together on the Upper East Side. Wow.

Sean is the guest photographer on today's blog entry and a welcome addition he is. I hope to learn something from him in taking snaps. Notice the way better composition. And my skin tone!



Fermented? Was. Ruptured? Appendix, yes. Displaced? Gladly.

Our day ended as we parted ways on Central Park South where he took off for a dinner and I opted out of a Christmas party I was going to attend in order to get some rest, watch a film for work about Fidel Castro and have cold weather food for dinner.



Sean and Pat mugging outside the Whitney.

All in all a FANTASTIC Sunday. Clean and hopeful.



I have seen ALL of Kara Walker's shows. Don't you know her?!

2 comments:

Tony Westbrook said...

A mutual friend. Sean is a great guy! I haven't seen him in a while.

I am reliving my first year here through you..and it's wonderful!

Have you gone ice skating yet?

Central Park is best...Rock Center is too small and too crowded and
Bryant Park is too...bland.

and I cried at Brothers and Sisters too...love it!

Criticlasm said...

I used to listen to "Merrily we roll along" on my walkman while walking. Ignoring, of course, that they all end up jaded.

I actually do like Kara Walker--there was a show of hers at Redcat. Interesting--she spoke, with her puppets interviewing her or something. Artists: they should let the art speak for itself.

I will take your hopeful and clean Sunday, since I get down on Sunday nights. Thanks for the thought.

Great to see you smiling so much :))