Friday, December 28, 2007

Oh Little Town of Hoboken

12230 Steps



Pat, Charlie, Sean and Peter get through customs.

The festive season continues with my first trip to New Jersey. Went with friends to Frank and Teddy's Christmas party in Hoboken. What a really nice town. Parts reminded me of Noe Valley in San Francisco, parts Ugly Betty, parts Europe. All blended with that red & white checkered table cloth Frank Sinatra/Billy Joel vibe. Does that give you a clear image or just make you tilt your head like a dog and go "Huh?"




It was so nice to get out of work and go somewhere right after. (Like that is new for me?!). AGAIN I met a lot of nice people and had a great time. The food was great and Frank outdid himself in decorating the place. I had my camera in my pocket and never took pictures inside for some reason. Shame.

Back to Manhattan. It was raining. Charlie and I took the subway uptown. Turns out he works in the animation business and knows people I know from my past. When will this small world end? Never, I hope.



I woke up at 8am and really wanted to sleep in. But I was thinking of coffee and TO DO lists and the world outside so I got my carcass upright. When I was downstairs I looked at the clocks and it was 7:20am. But my alarm clock says 8am? NOW I realize why I was getting into the office so early and quickly this week - my clock was set ahead 40 minutes and I never noticed. I just thought the train was really fast!!!!

Today I am going to have my first New York haircut. Last time was at the Mexican barber in LA with the straight razor. Loved that place. And I am going to get toothpaste and shoelaces. This is the kind of day that I love. Just going to enjoy it.

No comments: