Monday, December 10, 2007

The Only Living Boy in New York

This is not me, but Will Smith, rather. Frank and I went to see a screening of the film "I Am Legend" at the Florence Gould Hall on East 59th Street. It was about a man who lived alone in New York City after all of mankind had been wiped out by a virus. "Just in time for the Holidays" to paraphrase Frank. The effects were cool, but so not my cup of tea. I cannot imagine owning the DVD.

After the film we walked along Central Park South which could not be more beautiful with the Plaza and the fountain all lit up and the horse drawn carriages everywhere. We got a bite to eat at Eatery on 9th Ave. I had the meatloaf, Frank had the spinach salad. In a novel this is the type of sentence that suggests the characters are having trouble communicating or one has just committed a murder, but I say it here just as reportage of nothing.

It was cold outside and having a meal and a blether in a warm place was excellent. In fact we had quite a good, extensive blether on so many topics. It was so good in fact that I forgot that I even saw that film and was more into the time in the restaurant. Good food, good chat.



On the street I stopped a woman to take our photo for my blog. It turns out she is a blogger too and writes about "green living" - a term that I and my sis and a friend used when we developed a TV show about eco lifestyles. I told her all this and that I worked at Sundance which has green programming. She said her blog address, but I can't remember one key component of it in order to find her and send her the photo she took of us. It was a moment in time on the streets of New York City. Will I ever see her again? Where is she now? Is she blogging about meeting us? I know that this is the modern day Cinderella story where Cinderella tells the prince her blog address just as she runs out of the ball and he doesn't quite hear the full address in order to find her on-line. He must search throughout the kingdom to find the phantom blogging princess of his dreams. Something like that. You laugh, but mark my words. Blog as Glass Slipper. You read it here first.

I will soon turn into a pumpkin myself if I don't get to bed. And to all a good night.

2 comments:

Tony Westbrook said...

A nice night was had by you two!

ACE said...

Patrick! I'm Cinderella now...how fabulous.

I'd hadn't posted on my blog in a few weeks and I just realized that you had commented on one of my posts.

Thanks for mentioning me and my blog. I will definitely check out your blog more often.

Happy 2008!

Cheers,
Audra