Thursday, December 13, 2007

A girl, A boy, 2 chats, and an Egg.



My friend Damon was in town on business and we met for breakfast at Cosmic Diner on 52and and 8th. The perfect place for a cold morning. I felt like I was back in a time and place before I cared about calories and cholesterol. And now I even look it! We had the "hon" kinda waitress and hot coffee. It was great. Good to see Damon. Funnily enough we met at Sundance and then crashed into each other in LA and he is the Entertainment head for GLAAD and we are airing their PSAs on the channel. You never know how people are going to work in your life. In fact I was on the theatre committee for GLAAD in LA and then I was working for Sundance in Park City and wanted to get into the Sundance Channel party to meet the decision maker on a job I was after. I couldn't even get on the LIST of the Sundance Channel party and I was working for the Sundance Institute. I was then at a GLAAD event in Park City where I saw a guy Nick from GLAAD who I know and he was talking to Katie who happened to work for the Channel and she got me on the list and I met the people, but didn't get the job, but I stayed up and partied with them until 3:30am in a condo with a white baby grand piano and now because of all that ( and my talent and experience and winning ways) I am working for them now! You never know.


My few things that I like to follow no matter what are: 1. It is nice to be nice and 2. What would Lucy do? These have both served me pretty well. Try them out. I think they got me to New York. Now what would Lucy do?!!


Tonight Robin and I went to a screening of "Juno" at the Dolby Screening Room on 6th Ave. and 55th. It was a good, small flick with a great performance by the IT girl, Ellen Page. I loved seeing a movie character about a girl with a quirky personality. Rarely do you see that. It is mostly boys or men or woman, but not a girl. I liked that.


Robin and I ended up walking home to the UWS and it was probably the best part of a really great day. It was a New York in the winter stroll and chat about writing, relationships and reading. The 3 Arrrrggggghhs for me. But what fun. Robin is about to be a published writer (I will plug her book in February to you when it comes out.) and it was just perfect for two friends properly attired to walk up Broadway in the cold and chat. I can think of only a few things better. And we saw these amazing frozen branches on a tree. Like reindeer antlers. We also saw the Lincoln Center tree with the beautiful blue lights.
Sublime IS walking and talking.

No comments: