Sunday, December 30, 2007

River Walk

16542 Steps

Took a walk. Along the Hudson. With my ipod. Knowing just 100 years ago someone made this very same walk with a gramophone strapped to his head. Times were hard then.

I listened to the St. Lawrence O'Toole Pipe Band Glasgow Concert album. It was a perfect complement to the river walk. I walked from the Upper West Side to the Village. I have to say New York is so clean and makes so much sense. It shocks me. This is such a livable city. They have made this bike/walking path along the river and it is wonderful. I expect that kind of urban behavior from mid-size cities trying to get on a "Top 1o Most Livable Cities" list, but New York has nothing to prove and yet.

Along my way I passed by this portal to well, New Jersey, but this portal that says "Department of Sanitation." It felt like it should have been written in the original Greek. So classy.




And chairs that support their own roof. Art and Function. With the Empire State Building in the bg.

But then I passed by this billboard for Manhattan Mini Storage. I am sorry, but suggesting that you are making a statement against the government re: a woman's right to choose when you are really being "playful" with back alley coat hanger abortions to sell storage space... !! This is one idea that should have stayed in the closet.


Made it to the village just as the pipe band was wrapping up in my head. Went to Sean's for a brunch with Frank, Charlie, Bill, Sean and Pat. Sean did an excellent job. The meal was really good. And the day was fun. Just to drive whatever cliche home, we had quiche. Three of 'em. Excellent and really good coffee. Left at nightfall. A great time.





No comments: