Monday, December 17, 2007

Gin and Din in Penthouse 1.

My friend George called me tonight and he always leaves a message saying something like: "You are no doubt out at some fancy dinner or some fabulous party with fancy people" etc. It was gratifying this time to ring him back and say "Yes, I was at the residence of the British Consul-General Sir Alan Collins KCVO CMG for a Christmas party and it was lovely. You?"

I really did have a nice time and I met Allan Neuwirth who was a writer on a show I was the exec on years ago, Gadget and the Gadgetinis! We had never met in person, but knew of each other and are both friends of Inspector Gadget creator, Jean Chalopin. Small world. And then I met up with Lisa who used to work with my friend Michael in LA and our knowing each other is completely unrelated. We hit it off and I think we are going to organize an event together.
Just a great time all around,but I think Lady Collins was a little anxious for us to go. I had to beg for a quick glass of water to down before I went to collect my topcoat. (I just love to write "my topcoat" for some reason since Jon just gifted it to me and I LOVE it. ) Poor Lady Collins had to stop this crass Yank from walking down the wrong hallway into the private quarters since I couldn't figure my way out. Alas, a swell party it was.


It was a cold and beautiful night tonight. Walking home from the East side I passed by Central Park and the horse and buggies and the snow on the ground and the amazing lampposts. I love it all. Walking home is the time I have to catch up on the phone with friends and family. I quite love it even if I am cold and tired. I only wish sometimes they could see what I am seeing as we talk. "That is lovely about the kids, but I am walking by the Lincoln Center tree!" or "That's great you decided on a color for the den, but would you look at those ceilings at the Pierre?!!!"

Then I get home and remove my hairpiece, take my teeth out and put them in the glass, get into my flannels and soak my feet. Another day ahead in paradise.

No comments: