Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just Not Gonna Get There Right Now.

Here it is. I have not sent a Christmas card. Not a one. I have not gotten any gifts. Not even for my nieces and nephews. I have not baked a cookie, trimmed a tree, chirped a carol. I am plum just not there. I am LOVING the Christmastime of year. I am in the spirit, but I have just not been home to sit down and write and send cards or shop on-line. People do that at work. I have been too busy. Lame excuses, I know, but you know folks, I am taking a mulligan this year. I have moved across the country and gotten immersed into NOW and I am just not there.

I want to send a cheesy e-card with my new address, etc. and maybe I will do that this weekend. But the rest is just not going to happen this particular year and I am going to struggle like hell to be okay with that. It just is.

I wish all of you a GREAT Holiday season and a Happy New Year filled with much happiness and health, and, hey, some prosperity.

You know I think I love the Christmas letter now. I read my friend's Brooks and Colleen's today and just so enjoyed it. And Anne's and George's was great too. I guess my Christmas letter this year has been this blog! I am fascinated to read what you all are doing. It brings joy to my heart.

There are so many, many people in my life who bring me true joy and I think of all of you so often. It is just the calling back, writing, etc. that has been tough right now. But I am looking forward to getting a bit settled and doing just that. As soon as I can.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Tony Westbrook said...

I have had no excuse but I don't do that stuff anymore. It stopped being fun. So now I just give good cheer every day, or try to. And you are enjoying NY at Christmas Time...so...go for it and enjoy!!!