Sunday, July 6, 2008

Train back to Reality

All good things must end or else they would just be things.

It was time for me to leave the sandy Never Neverland of Fire Island and the wonderful, warm hospitality of the Weinstein's to take the boat to the shuttle to the train to the subway back home. This, to me, is so novel and so East Coast or Euro. I loved it. There was no car involved in this trip.

I got back to the Upper West Side of Manhattan and went to the 79th Street Basin to meet my pal Jerry and his friends for Burgers and Beer. This place is right on the Hudson River and is so happening in the summer. The whole cast of Young Frankenstein on Broadway was at the tables next to us and I spied Megan Mullally and Andrea Martin hanging with the gypsies.





It was Jerry's birthday on the 4th of July and homemade cupcakes materialized and it was a lot of fun. I met many of these folks at Jerry's at New Year. It was good to see them in their summer gear.





I hobbled home on my heel spur and faced the night.

No comments: