Friday, July 11, 2008

La Vie Quebec


This house where I am writing from the porch in photo below has been in Ashley's family for over 100 years.



Okay. In the tradition of my fickleness, I now want to take a French-Canadian lover, buy a house on a lake in Quebec and come up summer and winter from New York to live there and entertain. I now model my life after Julie and Cathy who have somewhat done that save for New York for them is Sausalito.

Now back to our normal programming:



I woke up in my LOVELY room in an old summer home with a view of the lake. Grandma's furniture and down comforter and lovely sheets. I am so signed on for all of this living.



We had great coffee out on the porch overlooking the lake and then I made eggs and toast. All the riveting, blog-worthy info one could want to read. Ash, Jan and I drove with baby Bodie to see the Gorge and suspension bridge. It was a lovey day out. We had lunch in Ayer's Cliff afterwards and headed home for a quick quiet moment of swimming in the lake in front of "our" house before having dinner at Kathy and Julie's place which is on another part of the lake.



At Cathy and Julie's drinks were served lakeside and then we were up at the house for a lovely meal and a "how do ya'll meet" stories. People, food, stories. I think that is about my idea of heaven. It was great.



What a great day out and now I will sleep like a king in my farmhouse bedroom that I love so much. And I found out this was patriarch Warren's room when he was a boy. Cool.

No comments: