Monday, July 14, 2008

The French Flavored Fun Jamais Finis.


Amped up on local maple syrup!

It was time to leave the summer home and Laur and Warren and Jan, Ashley and Bodie. We had a lovely pancake feast with real local maple syrup on the porch as our parting meal. I had such a wonderful time with all of them and I feel so blessed to have been included. I am going to miss them all.

Amazing drove through the country down to Burlington, Vermont. Surly customs officer on the American side. I felt he was trying to catch me out on something. I told the truth and felt judged. Maybe it is my issue>

Took flight back to New York. My pal Ron picked me up at JFK and took me home. We then drove down to Jay and Stephen's for an amazing, amazing 5 course Bastille Day diner. The windows were draped in Red, White and Blue and the table had French and American flags on it. The 5 CD player played only French music. We had courses: 1. haricot verts with garlic and breadcrumbs, 2. a gorgeous fish stew, 3. gratin potatoes with Comte frommage, 4. pork tenderloin in milk and 5. a blueberry and peach tart with a walnut and almond crust. Why did I not photograph any of this food! It was amazing. And full of Weight Watcher's points. Full I tell you!



Ron et Jay avec du leau


Stephen avec vin.

It also ended at 1:30am. I got to bed at 3am. Only after finding a mouse in my luggage. He was gnawing on a maple cookie that fell in there from Canada. It is a whole other blog entry this mice thing. They are cute, but they don't help pay the rent so they must go.

Blissful day all around (save for Stuart Little dans ma sac.) Work tomorrow and back to vie au New York. Bien.

No comments: