Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lovely Times in Crazyville.


Pat, Jon, Rick, Eileen, Jan.

First I want to say I am embarrassed for whining publicly about my blogging issues. Though it did illicit probably the most comments I have ever had. Crises are good for attention. Is that you Blogosphere, it's me Paddy? The beauty of blogging is you can shout out and people can tune in or not. I guess I have to figure HOW I want to shout out because I know I DO! I guess one something of importance, like woodworking or Icelandic government.

Tonight was delightful. Tonight in the real world. My friends Jan and Jon came over my sister Eileen and Rick's house and we had chicken picata with salad and a desert tray that would have pointed out on the WW scale. It was delishatudeiness. Why I did not do an aerial shot photo of it I do not know. The kids, Mitch and Claire, loved it.

I also got a Flip Video and the kids were rocked with filming the whole thing. We did an advance impromptu birthday party (which you can believe was not planned) and Mitch filmed it all. My sister brought up the unfortunate question to Jan and Jon re: WHY oh WHY is Pat still single? Squirm factor 3 because I am numb inside on the topic and the other one of "Why doesn't Pat have a brilliant career?" [This one I secretly ask myself... sigh...] Or any career? And then there was the on Rick asked,"Why don't you take off that 90s goatee?!" This had a higher squirm factor because I SO want to but I hide behind it. I would have to lose 20 pounds and wear a burka if I did that.

Pat is still single, Virginia, because he is a neurotic mess wrapped in a dumb smile.

Aside from all that, the evening was WON-der-ful. I delight in family and friends in a way that shows growth. It was great times. Uncle Pat is a very blessed, overweight, unemployed, single, hairy man.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

I noticed the Poll's closed, but I'm a third for Patrick.