Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summer in The City

My pal Sam from New York was out here at the same time and we met up in the Marina and had breakfast. It was really fun. He is an actor and will be on "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" tomorrow (Sunday) at 10pm on USA. He is a detective right at the beginning he tells me.


Sam & Pat

Lisa and Barry came in from Benecia and we had the most fab gastro afternoon with pizza at Delfina on 18th and ice cream at Bi-Rite Dairy. We walked around Delores Park to burn it off and then met Marjorie at the ever-groovy and expanded Rainbow Market. The whole lot went over to Ross flat were we drank tea and gabbed. It was surrounded by my buds! Bliss. A stroll over to the local Thai were Ross so nicely bought us all dinner. It was a great evening.

Marjorie and I then decided to dash to the cinema to catch the 9:20 screening of "Mamma Mia." It was fun in theory to go, but the movie was just so-so. We both agreed we were grateful Ross did not go as he would have hated it. Meryl is brill as always, and the scenery will spike tourism for certain. Poor, handsome Pierce Brosnan was embarrassing. Go see him in "The Matador" to wash the memory away and redeem him in your own mind. He is brill in that.

I cannot believe I have no pictures of any of this. I am a sucky, inconsistent blogger. What in hell was I thinking. All the great foodie locales, the sunny park, pals hanging in cool loft apartment, Thai beauty. All in the mind. Imagine it, but all 10lbs lighter.

No comments: