Saturday, July 5, 2008

It really is a Wonderful Life


Hilary heading beachward


Sarah with Iris at the shore.


I woke up to three newspapers, eggs and oatmeal and excellent coffee with the Weinstein family who adopted me for the weekend. ( I am going to push for permanent!) The day was spent at the beach. The one a stone's throw from the house. And the house was the most kitted-out beach house I had ever seen. It was wonderful. Complete with sublime outdoor shower.


We spent the day on the beach sleeping, reading and just relaxing to the natural pulse of the waves. East Coast beaches are so different. I love the dunes/tall grass and rickety fence aesthetic. Really makes you want to read more and throw a football like a Kennedy.



Sandy, Irish, Sarah, Patrick, Benjamin (face down in frustration!), Marty and Hilary.


Oh there's Tim's back!


That evening we got in our finest and went to Maguire's in town. This restaurant is right on the water and here I was eating lobster with a plastic bib and real people. It was fantastic. Tim, Sarah's wonderful husband, took Iris to play and ended up in none of the photos!



The beautiful Weinstein girls and me.


We strolled home eating local ice cream. It was perfection.


Mom and Dad. Great peeps. Mom is kickass Scrabble player. I am not. [Notice all the short low point words I just used!]

No comments: