Thursday, July 17, 2008

JFK-SFO: Going Home

I left for my first trip back home today. It was smooth sailing with the shuttle through the sweltering heat of New York City to the airport. Smooth sailing at whatever a really slow amount of knots is. The traffic was bad, but our amazing driver got us through it and landed me at the United terminal.

Surprisingly I got the three seats across on the flight and was able to do a mini-sprawl and catch some sleep. We landed at 2am Saturday morning. There is nary a soul in that airport at that time. It is tumble-weed central as if the life on earth ended and a few odd zombies too over.

I took a taxi to my sisters and church-moused it downstairs to the inflatable mattress nicely prepared for me that we affectionately call Mr. Blowie.

Ahhhhh, home.

No comments: