Tuesday, May 13, 2008

See Spot Go Out. Out, Spot, Out! Damn.

As I have said before it is always important to give your readers some sort of visual. Here is today's:



It is not easy to see, but it is a rat gnawing on a plastic bottle wrapper on the tracks of the New York subway. The fact that he is down there and I am up here makes me okay with the whole circle of life thing, but I get queasy when we are on the same level. Which happens on my street more than I would like.

Mr. Rat was just chewing away as I was waiting for the train to go to the Lyceum Theatre to see sssshhhhh "The Scottish Play" that I cannot mention starring Patrick Stewart. A friend of mine got a date and I reaped the benefits of his fabulous 2nd row, center ticket. It was a-mazing. I loved every bloody minute and was totally engrossed. And grossed. The performances were incredible. Since I was practically on the stage I got to see how evil Lady Macbeth was. This actress sold her soul on that stage and I could see it. I also loved the 1940's staging and the witches were excellent. Go before Birnam Wood comes to Dunsinane!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How could you do this to me take photo of that and put it up .I hate them I have nightmares about them .Thanx