Friday, May 16, 2008

Island Getaway


Have no idea why the rainbow flag. Where is the Greek one?

While California burned, it was a wet, wet day in night in Gotham. I LOVED it. My soul is tied in with rain somehow. I just love the feelings of safety and vitality it gives me. I wouldn't want it to go all Seattle here, but I love rain a plenty.

In the evening I met up with Sean who took shots to come above 14th St. to meet me for dinner. we went to Nikos Mediterranean Grill and Bistro. We sat in that outside part that is really inside, but has that greenhousy feeling. They have loads of plastic grapes and fairy lights hanging from the ceiling. It was a winter wonderland of Greekness in May in New York. We both felt like we were in the islands and were going to go parasailing tomorrow if the weather let up.

So for a poor man's Greek Isles vacation without leaving New York come here, order the Pastitio in Tsoukali squint and throw salt water on your face and you are duly transported.

Oh and there was this older lady there as we were coming in who went a little OTT with the staff about someone taking her brand new, wind protected super-deluxe read umbrella with seating for two and a sun roof with Dolby and she was left with a crappy red $5 jobbie. Of course, after the tirade they found it right where she left it. I would have belted an ouzo if I were her and made a big ass apology. "never mind!"

No comments: