Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gay Marriage Legal in California

I am proud of my home state and hope to remain so. Allowing same-sex couples to marry is an equal rights issue. As far as I am concerned it is not about asking voters whether they personally like "it" or not, but rather that all persons in these United States are treated equally under the eyes of the law. (Rock on, John, George, Ben and Thomas!) No more backs of buses, no more separate, but equal. We did not vote on mixed marriages, whatever in the hell that will mean eventually, and nor should we have. But if we vote on gay marriages, let's then turn it all into the reality show that it deserves to be and have the viewers at home vote on all our marriages, gay and straight. Past and present. Let your neighbors decide if your marriage is worthy or not. Dial #2398 for YES. #2399 or NO.

I am not a second class citizen. Do not ask me to pay my taxes, buy others toasters and sit quietly.

Oh, now to find a husband...

No comments: