Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Newfest 2008 Pre-Begins

Okay. If I could do anything and be paid well for it (and have a house in the mountains and a house by the ocean and a place in the city and have health and a relationship and good skin and remain under 200 lbs. and be a really good bagpiper who knew what he was doing and be able to help others through time and intellect and money and be published and make really good pasta sauce) then I would work solely in film festivals.

I LOVED working at Sundance and Outfest. I cannot tell you the level of happiness. There is something about being part of celebrating film and filmmakers and seeing new filmmakers start out and just admiring them and what they do that I find really fulfilling. Okay, I like to champion people. I truly do.


me and Basil Tsiokos, Newfest Grand Poobah Esq.

Anyway, I was at the launch party for Newfest at Gstaad on 26th and Broadway. I have never been to Newfest before so I am especially excited to be part of it. It is run by Basil Tsiokos who I worked with at Sundance and I think I just really adore. He is a great guy and I am happy to promote his festival. I am happy to champion HIM and what he does. So GO to Newfest if you are in New York. It runs June 5th - the 15th and you can link to it by clicking on Newfest above.


Sean is such a good photog. I had no idea he captured Basil and I mid-hand!

The party was really fun. My pal Sean came with me and we did indeed talk to strangers and I saw a bunch of people whom I knew from Outfest. I lie. It was maybe two people. But I met new people and saw facesfromfacebook! Sean knew Frank DeCaro who I know from a panel I intro'd at Outfest in Los Angeles. He has a show on Sirius Radio. He was also a correspondant on The Daily Show. (One degree from John Stewart!)


me, Jim Colucci, Frank DeCaro, Sean McGee

So that was my midweek night out. My life in the Big Apple just gets better and better.

Oh and I want to speak perfect French and German and Italian and be able to tell really good ghost stories.

No comments: