Thursday, June 18, 2009

Walk. The HIgh Line

OMG.

OMG.

OMG.

I have not gushed in a while. If I had a regular doctor he might tell me to gush more. I gushed today. Inside. I did inside gushing. Cuz, well let me set it up:

Later that day...

Set scene:

RAIN. Day.
Jon, Kurt and Pat walk from East Village to West Village. Destination in mind. Not sure. Broken umbrella, sore feet, wet trousers. Confusion. Ticking clock. Delirium and panic will ensue shortly.

Outside where we moving from east to west it is torrential. Others are home making soup or sandbags. That kinda vibe.

Under awnings we just kept hoping that it would let up. It did and we manged to go to the newly opened High Line park. Go ahead click on the link. It is Fantastic. A decrepit elevated unused bit of track is repurposed into a beautiful park mixing lush life life and urban decay. I have always loved life and decay (See: Venice, Savannah, New Orleans, my body).

Only part of it is finished and open so more will unfold. How wonderful that is. And for us to see it on a "moody" day of greys and drops which brought solitude and not people, was just amazing. It was like we had the park to ourselves.

I am gushing over this place. I really loved it. Tell me what you think. My photos don't do it justice. Go. Or at least check out their cool website.





Kurt and I pose for a photo. Jon thinks we are shooting an album cover.

My old place of work is broadcasting shorts on the High Line. Check it out here:

No comments: