Thursday, June 11, 2009

23rd Street - New York City


I had a meeting today with a digital media company. It was a good meeting. We had coffee. But I left feeling flat. Why? They didn't offer me a job that they didn't have basically. It was simply a meet and greet, but I wanted a lovefest and stock options.

It was raining and I was listening to "Time Heals Everything" from Mack & Mabel on my iPod. I was walking east to my next thing.

Moving upstream against a current of other drones wearing same headphones made me think "Wow, you want to get into this digital media space that makes us all cell and iPod addicted zombies?" Look at us! We are more in our own headspace than ever. If I fell down dead someone would be on a call or in the middle of the latest Black Eyed Peas song and I would just lie there.

This is the part when the bus slams a pile of water up one side of me and I just have to take it.

I knew I was "in a thing" and it would pass, but it would take a while.

"What is my purpose?" I thought as I headed down into the depths of the the station.

And then "Tap Your Troubles Away" from Mack & Mabel came on and I wanted to swing around the poles in the car and run up and down the seats. Perfect.

Bring it on!!!

No comments: