Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Tony Awards

What kind of New York blogger would I be without reporting from the Tony Awards? Well, I was actually SOUTH of Radio City where the awards were held, holed up with Sean and Paul watching on the big flat screen.

I guess I don't have enough cred as an alt-reporter to actually make it in the press room. Yet.

It started out for me as kind of a potential snooze-inducer, but really picked up and Neil Patrick Harris was an excellent, excellent host.

So good to see Angela win and Liza and the Billys as well as Hair.

I got to see my classmate (2 years ahead) Bart in the audience and there was friend Brian and my friend Jonathan. And my FB friend and Liza back-up Jim. All tuxed and jovial-seeming.

Here for you who don't partake is Neil Patrick Harris' closing number from the show.
Pure dead brilliant. Enjoy.



And as an extra here is NPH on SNL doing the sketch "Save Broadway"

No comments: